Aligning our stores, products, marketing, community outreach, employees and vendors with the diverse communities we serve enables BLOCKBUSTER to better connect with and satisfy our customers. This is critical to driving our long-term success.
To help drive and focus our efforts, BLOCKBUSTER has deployed resources to address eight broad areas across our organization.
- Development - Examines real estate and new store development in underserved communities.
- Marketplace - Develops marketing plans and strategies, working in close relationship with the Product group to connect and drive business among our diverse customer base.
- Procurement - Builds diversity into our vendor relationships, seeking and retaining business alliances with women and minority-owned businesses. See the Supplier Guide.
- Workforce - Facilitates efforts to recruit and support career paths for a diverse, qualified employee base that is representative of the communities we serve.
- Community relations - Guides our community outreach and philantrophy to reflect the diverse needs of local communities and the areas of business we want to grow.
- Communications - Guides and supports diversity-related training and the communication of diversity messages and activity throughout the organization.
- Global - Looks at diversity awareness and goals on an international basis.
- A sampling of the many diversity-related items we're working on includes.
- Finalizing and rolling out a new mentoring program for our field and corporate employees.